The IRS has 9 tips for picking a tax preparer:
1. Check the preparers qualifications-our partners and managers are all experienced CPA’s with valid PTIN numbers from the IRS.
2. Check the preparers history-our CPA’s all hold valid and active licenses,
3. Ask about service fees-our fees are based on time to prepare the return.
4. Ask to E-File-we e-file 100% of the time when available.
5. Make sure the preparer is available-all of full-time employees work year round.
6. Provide records and receipts-we can work with what you have and ask questions as needed.
7. Never sign a blank return-we would never ask that.
8. Review before signing-we always give our clients that opportunity.
9. Ensure the preparer signs and includes their PTIN-of course we do.